Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Um, hi?


Holy crud. I just wanted to say I've not fallen off a cliff or jumped off the face of the earth or anything like that. My internet, since I returned to the apartment on Sunday, has been completely out. It just came back today about 20 minutes ago.

And here's the thing: the internet for the past two weeks has gone down nearly everyday for about 2-3 hours in the evening. But nope, mine just went kaput entirely. (But now its baaaack yaaay! It really makes me rethink and almost take back everything I said about wanting to live in the 80's. If I was born today and was somehow time-travelled back, I wouldn't make it for more than a couple days. I'm terrible.) The manager said our provider was renegotiating stuff, and when they did that it knocked a few of the Mac computers completely offline.

Greaat. I said.

So I went and bought two routers and fought with them, had a horrible day yesterday, so horrible in fact I thought it was Murphey's Law day (anything that can go wrong, will most definitely do so in epic proportions). It was just the most frustrating thing--knowing that I'm a tech-savvy person and that if I was at the house, I could have fixed this...but here I was helpless without access to the apartment's hardware. I finally called the Internet provider myself today and they said they'd send someone, when my roommate called after a measly one day of no service and they reset the modem and everything came back.

I promise a more meaningful post will come tomorrow. Until then, I have to work my tail off on dinner (fish tacos!) and writing this film paper I have due in 2 days (but couldn't even attempt because of the downed Internet).

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment