Friday, September 10, 2010

An Early Look at "Buried"



What.

Really, to me, that preview is both amazing and completely ridiculous. There is 2 seconds of an image on the screen, courtesy of a lighter. The preview, really, is a complete waste of a trailer. There is no visual. This thing is essentially a radio ad. And yet as much as that bugs me, I want to see it. About 60% of that has to do with the fact I enjoy watching Ryan Reynolds. The rest has to do with me being completely baffled as to how these people are going to pull off a full-length feature of a man trapped in a coffin. There might be a couple minutes in the beginning out of the coffin to provide backstory, and perhaps he gets saved in the end and we see the light of day again. But really, this movie is going to spend all it’s time figuratively six feet under.

People taking risks like this…Buried is likely to pull in big bucks, and a lot of that is due to the spectacle of it. A lot of it will be due to the actor we’ve come to love in the past year thanks to Wolverine and a little help from Sandra Bullock in The Proposal.

It just really amazes me how things like this come to be.

I’m looking forward to it—not because it’s a “thriller” (again, how on earth do you make that happen in a movie that’s completely contained in a body-sized box?), but because I want to know how this was put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment