Thursday, September 2, 2010

Three Quotes for Thursday

Ahh. Busy busy. I’ve got about 5 chapters to read and then umpteenth documents on top of that for class. I think I’ve finally decided what my story will be for the black and white photos…most likely the adoption of my dog (because there’s this big backstory about how I was allergic to beings of the canine persuasion and then we got this sweet, quiet dog from the shelter and she turned out to be a defensive, loud beast that I still love). Need to start my short essay for this project and then another paper for the other film class.

Lost yet? Good.

Aw. Lost. I want to rewatch the seasons so bad…I think I’m doing that thing again where I’m putting something on a pedestal because I think that some how it’s either better or gotten better than it was the last time I saw it…

THIS IS BESIDES THE POINT!

Since I am so busy and I did want to do a post so it didn’t feel like I’d just abandoned the blog… I’ve been collecting quotes. My favorite quotes from all over. There aren’t that many, but I thought I’d share a few and maybe make it a weekly thing. Tah-dah: Three Quotes for Thursday. For now.

“I must not tell lies, Professor.” –Harry Potter (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)

I don’t remember if the quote’s in or if it’s even that simple in the book. All I know is that I watched so many Harry Potter movies so many times this summer that I’ve rememorized them. Professor Umbridge is just a horrible person, you want something bad to happen to her. I love it when evil people have their words backfire on them—not because I like seeing people fall, but because I like seeing justice served. Dun dun dun.

"The world isn’t perfect, and the law is incomplete. Equivalent Exchange doesn’t encompass everything that goes on here. But I still choose to believe in its principle: that all things do come at a price. That there’s an ebb, and a flow, a cycle. That the pain we went through did have a reward and that anyone who’s determined and perseveres will get something of value in return, even if it’s not what they expected." –Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

I think this one can just apply to life. Though it does hang on the negative side, it provides us with hope that things can take a turn for the better.

Please! Don't all leave... Somebody has to do it, don’t you see? Somebody has to save the world…” –Captain Metropolis (Watchmen)

Strictly from the graphic novel, the quote brings up the uneasy feelings. Someone, some superhero or perhaps some government head needs to save the world. Are mere humans incapable of saving the very world we live in? The Watchmen think they need to do it themselves? What hope is there for humanity as a whole, then?

Ah. I need to get back to the laundry. Happy almost-weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment