Thursday, September 9, 2010

Three Quotes for Thurday: The Sarcastic Edition!

Here we are again on yet another lovely (if not hot and humid) Thursday. I've decided to mix it up a bit, going off of media I've seen recently and picking out my favorite sarcastic quotes to share. A bit of an expert on the subject myself, I love dry humor. I'm so damn good at it people sometimes have to ask me if I'm being serious...well, perhaps I'm good at sarcasm or they're not too bright. I have found that sarcasm is hard to communicate over the interwebs and text messages but I think these quotes are sharp enough to spell it out.



"I'm an immortal sir, not a gazelle!" - Dorian Gray (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

Oh, of course you're not a quadrupedal animal, Dorian. You're funny. Geez, watching this again for the first time in half a million months made me realize how cheesy some of the dialogue truly was. But I liked the execution of this one.



"Dying people lie too. Wish they'd worked less, been nicer, opened orphanages for kittens. If you really want to do something, you do it. You don't save it for a sound bite." - House (House M.D.)

House, the terrific doctor who really never seems to have anything nice to say. Luckily for us he keeps opening his mouth and spouting off whatever it is he has to say, often times putting me in stitches (oh, ho, that's not at all a pun). I missed most of last season though...hopefully I'll find a recap here soon and can start back up again this year. But in all seriousness, this is one of those that resonates with me--if you want something, some success or positivity in life, run after it like there's no tomorrow.



"If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists." - Ian Malcom (Jurassic Park)

Not unless they're also zombies. In that case, everybody would be screwed. Also, isn't it neat to think that a decade after this movie was put out that Pirates was made into it's own trilogy too? And the pirates didn't eat anybody after all :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't ruin season 5 of House with a recap, it's honestly one of the better seasons, a lot less formulaic than the previous ones, and that's what made it so amazing, so you should try and watch the whole thing, if you're able.

    The 2 hour season opener is particularly well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I saw 5 (although my ability to recall the episodes is another thing entirely), but I definitely missed out on a lot of 6--which I think is the one you meant to reference. It makes me really sad because I did hear so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete